Friday, October 9, 2009

My Caffeine Study Trials Are Complete!

Today I rode my final TT for the JMU caffeine study. I was only privy to some of my results, since the trial is still being conducted. I don't know yet for which trials I received caffeine, and at which dose, but I got my times and isometric power test results back. It's going to be interesting to see when the caffeine doses were given, because by my perception, I would have guessed that my fastest to slowest trials would have been #1, #3, #2, in that order. It turns out that it was actually #3, #1, #2. Also, my strongest isometric test was AFTER my first TT...(not even my fastest day)...interesting. I would have guessed that it would have been before one of the TT's.

On TT days, I had to fast for 10 hrs (except for water), drive 90 minutes to JMU, take a pill (maybe caffeine, maybe no), warm up, blood test, 6 isometric strength tests, 40k TT (with interval VO2 tests throughout), cool down, then 6 more isometric tests. WHEW....science is awesome, but I'm ready for a break!!

I'm working tomorrow, then hopefully back on the bike on Saturday and Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!