Monday, August 8, 2011

I increased my training, and all I got was this stupid saddle sore.

With the World Police and Fire Games just around the corner (8/26-9/5), to say that I've stepped up my training would be an understatement. After taking a 6th place Cat 4 finish at my last crit, I decided that my training has been working, and my confidence was starting to solidify. Following that race, I was left with a 6 week "build" period to get me ready for the games. I've added roughly 50 miles per week to my training, and I've structured my weeks much more than previously this year. My typical week, now, looks like this: Sunday- 3hr. Tempo ride, Monday- Anaerobic (superthreshold) intervals, Tuesday- Recovery Ride, Wednesday- Group Ride or Race Pace Ride, Thursday- Threshold Intervals, Friday- Juniors Practice, Saturday- Long Ride or Rest. 

The extra time in the saddle has been great for my legs, but unfortunately, not so good for my "nether" region. I've developed a small "saddle sore" that I think has the potential to be rather bothersome. Luckily, it seems like they are very easily treated. Basically, keep it clean, dry, and rub some Oxy10 on it. Maybe some chamois lube for the ride to reduce friction...and the best part of all...sleep in the nude!!! 

I've learned several secrets so far along the way during my cycling endeavors, and it looks like I'm going to have more soon.

1 comment:

  1. Your writing is excellent and gives food for thought. I hope that I’ll have more time to read your stories . Regards. I wish you that you frequently publish new texts and invite you to greet me

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!