Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Uh-Oh...



The weather finally let me ride outside today (barely). It was still sub-30 degrees with the windchill. This is the first time I've ridden my new double chainring setup outdoors. I'm worried that I may have chosen the wrong gearing. I completely got my ass kicked. Hopefully, it was just the 13 mph winds that were making things so difficult. There's a few other factors that may have influenced a poor performance, but the hills seemed pretty tough. I'll head out again tomorrow to see if I have different results.

Here's my current setup:

Chainring: 53x39
Cassette: 12-25

If the hills prove to be too much for my gearing, the easiest thing to do will be to get a new cassette...maybe 12-28. I'll update more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You are way more hard core than I am! I am still all about the indoor cycling on the trainer!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment!