Tuesday, March 23, 2010

My training has changed dramatically, but is going extremely well. After getting DEMOLISHED at the first race of the season, I backed off of my training plan. It was becoming too cumbersome and a little too structured for my schedule right  now. Instead, I've decided to focus on simply riding as many miles as I can, and when I'm out, I concentrate on 2 things: FORM and POWER. I try to ride as hard as I can while maintaining my best form. If I go anaerobic while attacking a short hill, so be it. It's interval training, right?? When I'm on the flats, I work myself into a tempo and just put power to the pedals. Aside from that, I just try to go as fast as I can, for as long as I can. It seems to be working well so far.

Today, I started working a part time side job at a local bike shop: Eastern Panhandle Bicycles. They carry Specialized, Fuji, and Cannondale. They're also working on putting on a race/points series, and a team. It's a great shop, that seems to be run correctly. Should be a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!