Saturday, September 12, 2009

Race Day!

I raced the Milton Harvest Festival road race today. Here's my little wrap-up:

I started middle of the pack, then worked my way up to the top 10 within about 2 miles, then hung on there for about 5 miles. It wasn't until a big "separator" hill that I fell back to about 15th. The lead group took off, and I found myself in the second chase group, but still ahead of the peloton. We all took turns pulling, and reeled in the first chase group, making it a 6 man chase. I was hurting after catching them so I took a break for a mile or so, and sat "back wheel" in our group. The pace quickened, and I re-entered the rotation, making sure that I pulled my fair share. We had the lead group in sight, about 300 yards or so up the road, when I FLATTED!!! DAMMIT!!! I stood on the side of the road for about 40 minutes waiting for the SAG wagon, until one of the last guys on the road offered me a tube. I guess I'll be carrying my own shit in races from now on...

Oh, and the above picture was from the rankings board at the end of the race. My friend (and teammate) decided not to race because it was supposed to rain, so another friend of mine decided to have a little fun with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!