Tuesday, September 8, 2009

New Tires!

I finally got some new tires on my bike (my previous pair had about 2000 miles on them). I decided to go with the Continental GP4000 (yellow) set (I have to admit, they look good!). I wanted to check out the Michelin Pro Race3's as well, but nobody locally had them in stock. I got the Conti's mounted, and headed out to try to squeeze in a ride before a rain storm. They ride VERY well in comparison to the Conti Ultra Sport's the I just took off. Unfortunately, I flatted about 15 miles into my ride! No big deal, just changed out the tube and everything was fine. Maybe it was because I used my old tubes in my new tires...
I did manage to squeeze in almost 25 foundation miles before the sky got ugly and convinced me to head home. I'm following a training program that Chris Carmichael outlines and describes in his book "The Ultimate Ride". More on that later~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment!